Welcome to my explanation of Vlogmas or Blogmas as some people would call it. If you are new to this concept I would like to take a minute to explain it to you.
Once a year Vloggers aka YouTubers make a commitment to post a daily video up until Christmas and some continue it until the end of the year. So, Blogmas is the same concept as Vlogmas but in blogging form. There are no rules on what you should post about but because it is the season of holidays you should make them holiday themed. Some people vlog daily and show you what their life is like during this busy season. Also, others will vlog about specific topics.
So, I have put together a list of ideas for both video and blogging because we can really take any topic and turn it into a video or a blog post. So, let’s get started with the ideas. I also have a list of people who are going to participate in Vlogmas so please take some time to check them out.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Gift Idea Topics
- What’s on my Christmas wishlist.
- Last minute gifts for her.
- Last minute gifts for him.
- Gift ideas for your boss.
- Gift ideas for your co-worker.
- Secret Santa gift ideas.
- Christmas stocking gift ideas.
- Handmade gift ideas.
- Christmas gifts ideas for pets.
- Christmas gift ideas for teachers.
- No clutter gift ideas.
- What I got for Christmas.
- Homemade from the heart Christmas gift ideas.
Fashion and Beauty Christmas Topics
- Nails for Christmas.
- Nails for New Years.
- Christmas or holiday party outfit ideas.
- Holiday makeup look.
- Favorite winter looks (clothing, makeup or hair).
- Christmas Day outfit looks.
- Christmas PJ lookbook.
- Winter skincare routine.
- Favorite winter clothing lookbook.
- Boot Collection.
- Holiday style GRWM (get ready with me).
- Favorites video. What products are you currently using or loving at the moment?
- Clothing haul for the kids holiday outfits.
Learning More About You Topics
- Things you love about Winter/Christmas.
- Share Christmas Day with your followers.
- Tell us about Christmas through the years.
- Share your favourite Christmas recipe.
- Tell us about your Christmas traditions.
- Favorite Christmas present ever.
- Worst Christmas present ever.
- Least favourite thing about the holidays.
- Holiday Tags are also a great way to get to know you better.
- Chit chat video while you wrap gifts.
- Favorite childhood memory during the holidays.
Getting Into The Christmas Spirit Topics
- What’s on your Christmas music playlist.
- Favorite holiday candle scents.
- Do you have a holiday bucket list? What are those must do fun activities?
- Write a letter to Santa and share it with your followers.
- Show off your advent calendar.
- Show off your Christmas decorations and any special meaning behind your decorations.
- Your favourite Christmas movies.
- Show off your Christmas tree.
- Real or Artificial tree? Let the debate begin.
- How to make a gingerbread house.
- Talk about your family holiday traditions.
Holiday Food and Drink Ideas Topics
- Favorite cookie recipe.
- Favorite hot drink.
- Christmas Dinner ideas.
- Favorite holiday party appetizer.
- Party food ideas.
- Christmas cocktails.
- Favorite adult beverage.
- Favorite holiday sweet treats.
Additional Topic Ideas
- Introduce yourself and talk about your favourite things, what you enjoy doing and what you want to accomplish with Vlogmas or Blogmas this year. Let people get to know you and what you’re about.
- The best way to handle holiday stress.
- Why is family important to you.
- Fun things to do on those cold winter nights at home.
- Christmas hauls but remember not to show gifts for others.
- Show us how you workout during this busy time of the year.
- How to pack for holiday travel.
- Chit chat while writing out Christmas cards.
- How to budget during the holidays.
- How to cure a hangover during the holidays.
- Do you bake cookies for Santa? Why or why not?
- How do you help others in need during the holiday?
- What does Christmas mean to you and your family?
- Do you have a holiday collection? Show it to us and tell us the meaning behind them.
- What are your Christmas Eve traditions?
DIY Holiday Decorating Ideas
- Holiday decorating ideas DIY.
- DIY make Christmas cards.
- DIY how to wrap Christmas presents.
- How to make a door wreath DIY.
- DIY Christmas craft ideas.
Fun Ideas for ‘day in the life’ vlog style videos
- Take your followers along on a shopping trip but be careful not to show gifts you are getting for others. You don’t want to ruin the surprise.
- Take us along as you and your family enjoy local holiday activities.
- Drive us around your area and show off Christmas lights.
- Take us ice skating.
- Take us snow sledding.
- Show us your local Christmas parade.
- Make snow angels.
- Take us to see Santa.
- Opening gifts with friends and family.
- Show us what your elf on the shelf is up to.
Christmas/holiday/new years tags
So, if you are looking for some great Youtube Tags I would suggest looking no further than Mama’s Losin’ It. She has a ton of tags posted on her blog and I’m sure you will find something you love there.
If you are looking for vloggers doing vlogmas I have listed some below that you can check out.
Kristen Hall Vlogs
MENS FASHION – STYLISH CLOTHING
Mommy Can Make It
MyLifeAndKids Family Vlog
Neave Family Vlogs
Our LANDing Crew
Still Image Productions
The Buchanan Family
The Endeavoring Family
The Kautz House
The Little Power Family
The SAY YES Family
Two Hearts One Roof