Today is a special day. It’s Mother’s Day and my Birthday 🙂
I will not lie because my relationship with my mom has not always been good. It’s my relationship with her that has helped me build solid relationships in my life with others and for that I am thankful. I gave my mom a list of interview questions. She answered them all and I think she did a good job. It was nice to hear things from her I never have before because I love my mom.
So, on this day May 9th 32 years ago (Yes, I am 32) my mother gave birth to me her first child. After I came into this world, she had three more children. My Brother Billy and then the “twins” Jessica and Paul.
So, this is my mother:
• What are you most proud of? Still being alive….My kids, My grandkids
• What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life? Don’t trust anyone. Believe that God will never give you more than you can handle.
• What is your earliest memory? My mom taking me, my sis, and brother to the dairy queen.
• How would you like to be remembered? Don’t care, once I am gone.
• What did you want to be when you grew up? A nurse, but my sis told me that I couldn’t handle the blood.
• What lessons has your work life taught you? Put up with people…ugh!
• If you could do anything now, what would you do? Why? Become a lawyer, cos they are rich.
• When did you first find out that you’d be a parent? How did you feel? My two yr anniversary…I was ecstatic!
• Can you describe the moment when you saw your child for the first time? Never forget it. I believed I had the most adorable baby in the world.
• How has being a parent changed you? It has really taken a toll on me health wise.
• Do you remember when I left home for good? Yes, not a great time.
• Do you have any favorite stories about your kids? I loved the times when we would all get in the car to go shopping, and sing Oldies all the way there and back.
• How did you choose my name? I wanted Sara, (from The Little Princess) but your dad didn’t like that name, so he suggested Dawn, and I agreed.
• What was I like as a baby? As a young child? A baby, you were adorable always pleasant and happy. A perfect model for a photographer. We were always best friends, glued from the hip.
• What were the hardest moments you had when I was growing up? You wanting to grow up too fast.
• What advice would you give anyone about raising their kids? Lots of Luck! Well worth it in the end.
Happy Mothers Day!!!!!
This was a wonderful way to keep her memories with me for a lifetime because life is short.